Relationship Readiness Signs
1. Self confidence. There are studies linking the likelihood of meeting someone to how much you are going out to different places and interests. If you are feeling shy and reserved you may want to work on how to engage the world more freely.
2. Able to take rejection and ready to risk. When dating you are bound to feel rejected. Work on how to be vulnerable without being a doormat. See how vulnerability and strength do exist side by side. If you want deep connection with another you will to have risk letting someone in again. If you tend to hold your cards too tightly you may just find yourself playing solitaire.
3. Communication skills. Learn how to effectively and respectfully express your needs and desires. You are bringing two worlds together so there will be challenges to look at as you two become closer.
4. Have the time. You must have the real drive and energy to make the space and time for a relationship. It takes time and effort to get to know someone especially in the first stages of dating. Make the choice.
5. Know what you want. This is a MUST before you enter into any relationship especially ones who have a tendency to co-dependency. You need to work out what matters to you in terms of values because if you don’t your chances are greatly diminished for a meaningful relationship that goes the distance. Also this provides added insurance for those who over romanticize (this phase usually last only up to a year and a half).
There is a great divide between needing a relationship and wanting a relationship. If you are more leaning on NEEDING a relationship to feel happy about yourself and your life, you many want to spend some MORE QUALITY time with yourself and reassess in month or two.
What do you think are some other relationship readiness signs?