Happiness is a choice
You want to be happy don’t you? Of course you do! Happiness is a choice you make with every thought you choose to entertain. Here is a quick breakdown of how to start practicing to choose happiness every time.
1. Be aware of what emotion you are experiencing. (I feel anger)
2. Stop and feel your body sensations. (I feel tightness in my solar plexus)
3. Relax your body. Keep your body posture as open and unrestrained as possible. (Uncross your legs and arms)
4. Focus on how heavy whatever your body is resting and keeping its weight on. Breathe deeply from the belly. Think I am breathing in, when breathing in and think I am breathing out, when breathing out.
5. Watch for any more thoughts that rob you of joy.
6. Examine the thoughts. Usually it is something that is self-defeating, unloving and fear based. (I never get what I want)
7. Look at the situation objectively as possible. (I did not get some of the things on my list)
8. Change the thoughts that brought you to this place of dissatisfaction by replacing them with ones that is more uplifting in nature. (I got some things I want)
9. Release and let go by not emotionally investing in the thoughts that no longer serve you. This is very important in order to break the cycle that can very easily spiral out of control.
10. Repeat steps as necessary
“The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.” John Milton
By slowing it down and picking it apart, you will find there is a thought that has moved you to the emotion. Many times we experience a challenging situation then we feel the emotion almost instantly. We assume the experience is the cause of the unhappiness. What you focus on is what you create.
Join the community by clicking here